Tooth Colored Fillings
Tooth colored fillings also called cosmetic fillings are dental fillings that are used to restore damaged tooth by treating decay. The composite fillings are made from durable plastics which are similar to the color of the natural tooth. Hence it is considered as the best available options when considering tooth fillings. These are very less noticeable when compared to the other types of filling due to their color. Silver amalgam filling is the most common type of filling used for dental filling to change the teeth size, shape or color. Unlike the traditional amalgam fillings, tooth colored fillings seamlessly blend with the natural teeth and provide the patient with a natural appearance.
Advantages of Cosmetic Fillings
- The tooth colored fillings seamlessly match with the natural color and appearance of the tooth
- There is no need to place slots, pins or grooves in your teeth which may damage the healthy teeth
- The tooth colored fillings can restore 85% - 95% of the tooth original strength
- Very little or no pain when compared to the other processes
- The tooth colored fillings are compatible with sealants. Hence, dentists can perform both processes in a single sitting and prevent the further tooth decay.